The Guideline has now been extended until 30.06.2021.
This Guideline covers working from home and additional expenses related to that.
The Practical Compliance Guide provides 80cents per Hour for running expenses. Taxpayers need to the required record of Number of Hours worked from home. This could be in the form of Time Sheet, Roaster, etc. When Taxpayer lodges their Tax Returns, they need to identify Work from home expenses “COVID-Hourly Rate” for 2019/20 & 2020/21.
All employees and business owners are eligible to claim this work from home who:
- Who work from home to fulfil their employment duties and
- Incur additional running expenses that are deductible under s 8-1 or Div. 40 of the ITAA 1997.
Expenses can’t claim such as:
- coffee, tea, Milk
- Children related expenses.
- Expenses items reimbursed by your employers.
- Time spent not working at home.
Running Expenses such as electricity, gas, computer consumables, cleaning etc
Taxpayers who choose this method, cannot claim any other expenses related to work from home.
For more information please visit Employees working from home | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)