JOBKEEPER EXTENSION PERIOD 2 – STARTS 4 JANUARY 2021
If eligible, you can enrol for the second JobKeeper extension until the end of the program. To be eligible you will need to show that your actual GST turnover declined in the December 2020 quarter relative to a comparable period. This is generally the December 2019 quarter.
You might be eligible for the second JobKeeper extension even if you weren’t eligible for the first extension.
There are also different payment rates for your eligible employees in the second extension period. These rates are:
- Tier 1 – $1,000 per fortnight (before tax)
- Tier 2 – $650 per fortnight (before tax).
Key dates and actions for entities
- 4 January 2021 – the JobKeeper extension 2 starts and the payment rates change for your eligible employees, eligible religious practitioners and eligible business participants.
- Between 4 January 2021 and 28 January 2021 – complete the December business monthly declaration (this is an extension of two weeks past the usual due date of the 14th day of each month).
- By 31 January 2021 – new entities enrolling for JobKeeper will need to enrol and submit their ‘Check decline in turnover’ form to us online.
- 31 January 2021 – for JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 only (from 4 January 2021 and 18 January respectively 2021), we are allowing employers until 31 January 2021 to pay their employees (meet the wage condition).
- The sooner you complete and submit your decline in the turnover and business monthly declaration, the sooner we can process your JobKeeper payment.